Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Worth It

Blog Post from my friend, Lisa Ensor.

My mom and I love talking about health, nutrition etc. One Fall day we were walking with B in the stroller talking about how it feels like we are in the same "rat race" of diets and "trying" all the time. I said out loud- "Why is it everything in life WORTH having takes HARD WORK and EFFORT? Like marriage, friendship and my health. I keep waiting for it to be easy, for someone to hand my a step by step plan that take no effort. I want all the results, but not the discipline. I want something different without doing anything different."

But really all the effort is worth it. Every time I make a decision to be discipline, I gain a little more self confidence! I'm proud of myself all day and then it gets easier the next time. That's not to say I don't ever have a bad eating day or have dessert every once in a while.

I have to continually remind myself what it takes: like watching the biggest loser or counting calories on the app on my phone. It keeps my mind renewed to what I really want in life.

8 comments:

LiveFIT said...

Check on Comments to post your weight for this week and any encouragement to one another. Have a fabulous week. Go make it count.

Kelly said...

Weight 169.4

LiveFIT said...

This past week was a good week for me. I felt strong and accomplished. I weigh 123.8...and I'll take it!!

Anonymous said...

Weight 144.6 -Ok. I admit it, I had to be seriously talked into posting my weight on here, but what a difference a week makes! It really has made me think before I eat and has helped me make much better choices! Accountability is a wonderful thing!

Anonymous said...

Christa- 119.6
I loved the opening post! I am so often like thy with weight loss! I don't want to wait I
Want immediate results! I'm learning consistency is a
Key to most things in life!

Anonymous said...

Misty 164.2...small victory but I will take it! I love the post...it is true things we really want doesnt always come easy but if we didnt have to work for it then those small victories wouldnt celebrate as much. I am ready for this challenge so hold on to your seats ladies...LETS DO THIS!!

Anonymous said...

ok ladies I have to share this...the other day I had a friend in my office and we were talking about weight lose. She has lost like 30 lbs, and she did it taking diet pills. Now she is gaining it back cause she quit taking the diet pills. I could tell she was embarrassed to tell me how she lost it, but when she asked me how I had lost my 10 lbs I was proud to tell her it was from working my butt off! Bootcamp and watching what I ate! Ladies it would be so easy to pop a pill to lose weight but this is a life style change not a quick fix. Please don't think I am dogging anyone that takes diet pills...I have been there done that! I am just saying we should be proud even if your not needing to lose any weight and your just trying to tone up...not many people want to work for it they just want it to be handed to them. But not us girls we get our butt out of bed at 5:00 am 3 days a week and work our tails off!! So I will take my 10 lbs and keep working my butt off to get the rest off!

Anonymous said...

My weight was 162.8...even though I lost some it was a rough week, this past week. I guess I was out of my routine with the kids being gone and not being at bootcamp. I am ready to get back in my routine! And what a way to start it then that AWESOME workout this morning! Misty